Child Safety Q&A:
Is There A "Cure" For The Molested & Missing Kids Epidemic?
Child safety is more than a deadbolt on your door, locks on your cupboards, and knowing the fire drill. Child safety is...
- teaching your kids to say “No” to adults.
- teaching kids great techniques, like "hold onto your bike if someone tries to take you in their car".
- teaching kids to defend themselves against predators.
Say No To Adults?
I don’t like to hear no from my child. But “89% of Molested Kids know their molester.” It was Uncle Bob. It was the daycare lady. It was Daddy’s best friend.
They must learn to say no.
But My Kid Knows Karate…
Great!... but a 9-year-old kid with fancy Tae-Kwon-Do moves won’t stand a chance against a full-grown man, who is the typical offender, and typical kidnapper for that matter.
"The FBI receives about 2,000 Missing Child reports per day.”
Per day? Really?? Certainly some of those kids are found.
True. Most are found... many after they get abused or molested. Some are found dead. 80 of those 2,000 missing kids are never heard from or seen again.
But these things can be avoided.
So What Is The Cure?
It is a cure for a bad habit we parents have – turning our backs. It is time we face what is going on here. It’s our brothers and sisters, our neighbors and friends that are out there molesting and kidnapping kids!
This has got to stop!
So what is the cure?
Child Safety...For Parents!
Is it a cure-all? No. You can’t 100% protect your kids. But most cases are preventable.
Paranoid yet? I hope not! Paranoia leads to panic. But safe parents learn how to protect their children, and if necessary, defend them when disaster strikes.
Don’t be paranoid. Be smart. Be safe. Understand child safety...
...you owe it to your child.
A great place to start is right here. Click any link below to learn more.
- Child Safety Blog: What's New!
- Our kids need us more now than ever before. This child safety blog is dedicated to keeping you "in-the-know" when it comes to childhood sexual abuse, missing kids, and internet safety.
- Child Molester Myths
- A child molester is a real-life monster that haunts children in the daytime. We all know that. But what we think we know about them can get your child molested. Be careful what myths you believe.
- Child Predator
- A child predator feeds on exploiting children and using them for their own sexual satisfaction. Though they used to stalk the shadows, now they are bold and much harder to catch.
- Pedophile Stories Series:
- Pedophile Stories: This is an interview with Kelsey. Her dad is a child molester. Her mother left him after he touched Kelsey, but she went back to him.
- Pedophile Stories: Surviving The Child Molesters
- Real pedophile stories are the most terrifying because they actually happened. Read true stories of people who've dealt with predators - or add your own.
- Children Internet Safety: Interview With Computer Crimes Detective
- Children internet safety is becoming a great concern. Detective shares tips on how to handle social media issues that creep up on us as parents of tech-savvy kids.
- Internet Safety For Kids: A Parent's Guide
- UPDATED: What's the biggest risks your child faces online? How can you protect them and can they protect themselves? One parent's approach to internet safety for kids.
- Internet Safety For Children: Parents Q&A
- Have a question? Join other parents in a conversation about internet safety for children! Find questions and answers, thoughts and ideas, and tips from other parents right here!
- "My Kids Missing" The Facts & What You Should Do
- With more kids missing everyday, how can I keep my kid safe? What if my kid does go missing? Then what? What do I do? ...and how do I cope?
- Etan Patz: A Message of Courage, Never Give Up
- Etan Patz went missing on Friday May 25th, 1979 from his New York neighborhood. High publicity and the extensive search methods made his case iconic in the world of missing children.
- About Missing Children Day
- Find out everything you want to know about Missing Children Day. Who started it? Why an international day of rememberance? When did other countries join?...
- Stories of Missing Children: Share Yours
- Read and share the stories of missing children - written by the families who love them and desperately want them back. May their prayers be answered!
- Missing Children Organizations & Websites
- There are a lot of organizations for missing kids... which one do you need? Here is a user-friendly guide to the best missing children organizations and websites out there.
- When To Talk To Strangers | Stranger Danger & Lost Children
- Teaching your kids not to talk to strangers could backfire someday. Chances are, if your child is lost, they will only have strangers to talk to. Learn what to do when your child gets lost.
- Get Wireless Amber Alerts on Your Cell, Facebook, Website & Blog
- UPDATED: Did you know you can get wireless Amber alerts on your phone? How about on Facebook? Or even on your website or blog? Here are some simple, easy ways you can help missing kids.
- Current Amber Alerts & Missing Kids In Your State
- Current Amber Alerts are time-sensitive. I keep an up-to-date page on current missing kids and amber alerts for EVERY STATE in the USA. Find your state's current amber alerts...
- Amber Alert System FAQ
- The Amber Alert system is an excellent program dedicated to finding missing kids. It brings peace of mind to a lot of parents... but sometimes it is false hope. Get history, stats, common questions...
- Family Safety 101
- Guest Article: Family safety is so important. Here are some preventative measures you can take to keep your children safe from predators.
- The Story About Me & My Site
- This page is simple... a little about me, my background and passions... and a little about my site - how it came to be, and why it's here.
- Contact Us
- Contact us - the folks behind Child-Safety-For-Parents.com. We welcome your feedback!
- Friends of Child Safety
- Ever tried looking for child safety resources? There are TONS out there... but this is my list of quality resources - true friends of child safety.
- Missing Children Statistics At A Glance: Listed By Country
- This is a basic and comprehensive list of the missing children statistics available for the United States of America (USA), Canada (CA), and the United Kingdom (UK).
- SiteMap | Child Safety For Parents
- Looking for a specific topic on this site? Chack out the sitemap to search all topics found on Child Safety For Parents!